July 4, 2006

Final Call for Flight To Amman

I'll be heading to the airport in an hour or so. There must be an easier way to travel, seriously. It's too tiring! Even though I travel half way across the world every year, I still find it fascinating that I will be crossing oceans and continents in a matter of hours (ok, they do need to speed things up, but still). It's a surreal feeling thinking that just yesterday you were in suburban Washington D.C. and the next you're in Amman, Jordan.

So I'm off, and I leave you with a picture of a gift I received recently from a friend who clearly understands my political tendencies :)

(click to enlarge)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 1:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice picture. Try to do something like this in your native kingdom. Sure people would appreciate seeing King Abdallah this way.

 
At 2:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andy: yes we'd love to see him hanging (and from the balls too, not only from the head). He isn't our King as much as he is the West's spoiled king. So maybe you should feel more sympathy to our king than we should

And by the way, "native Kingdom" is an oxymoron because it was never a "kingdom" when it was "native", it only became so after the Brits colonized.

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Kel said...

Safe trip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home