July 1, 2006

Featured in the Washington Post's Express!

Whenever I go to DC, it is most likely by Metro. And whenever I do ride Metro, I always enjoy reading the Express. It's kind of a condensed version of the Washington Post but also has some special features that can't be found in most large daily newspapers and also has a special focus on DC. Although I hadn't been to DC in a couple of weeks, I did happen to go on Monday for the anti-torture demonstration, and I did take Metro. I grabbed the Express on my way in, read through all of it, and tossed it in the recycling bin on my out. Or at least I thought I read all of it, because I apparently missed that my blog was featured in their "Blog Log" section!

I really didn't believe it when my friend Fadi from KABOBfest told me he saw it in the Express on Monday night. I thought to myself, no way, I read the whole paper! And I always read the Blog Log section because I think it's pretty cool. Anyway, I scrambled to find the online version and see which page I had missed (p.32). To my surprise, I realized that I had read the article right above entitled "A Scrunchie Resurrection" and totally missed my blog underneath it.

I thought it would be so much cooler if I had noticed it myself while riding on a silent and packed Metro car; I'm sure I would've squealed with joy! Then again, maybe it's a good thing I didn't notice it on the train, I would've received my fair share of weird looks :S

So I was delighted that they chose to feature my post on the situation in Gaza and specifically my statement on Abbas. I didn't feel that their elaboration under my quote was very accurate though. I meant it as a condemnation of Abbas's statement that Israel will use the captured soldier as an excuse to occupy Gaza. My comment was an attack on Israel's indiscriminate killing of Palestinians without regard for international law, nothing do to with the cease-fire and Palestinian factions.

It was not really a "feature" in the sense of a feature, but it made me feel special for a day (or two), so thanks to the Washington Post's Express for checking out my occupied territory!

Here's the image from that page, which reads:
Ceasefire? Puh-Leez! (<---fyi, that was not my choice of words, a little to 2nd grade for me)
"Who is this man kidding?! Since when does Israel need a pretext for firing missiles into Gaza and the West Bank?! Since when does Israel need an "excuse" to attack Palestinians on beaches, in their homes, and in the streets?!"

myoccupation.blogspot.com says Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas was wrong to think a cease-fire by militant factions would stop violence.
(click image to enlarge)

Read the full post here

[technorati tags: , , , , ]

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 12:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations :) This is awesome news....
WAY TO GO ... greater things in the future...
This is so exciting

Mabroooook

 
At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is exciting! I guess you never know who is watching...(lol, had to throw that one in there-- paranoid palestinian, what can i say)

 
At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you ride metro, arn't you afraid of terrorists?

 
At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats moi!!!

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger lawnorder said...

Congratulations! You deserve it, you have a great blog. Blogrolled :)

PS: I loved your video at Youtube BTW, powerful stuff. Good thing someone documented it. Check out mine if you have some free time.

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger moi said...

Qwaider--Thanks buddy :)

Wala'a--lol, yes, that's what cyberspace is all about, it's out there for everyone to see ;)

Andy--No, because Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld don't ride Metro.

Tololy--Thank you!

lawnorder-- Thank you for your kind words, and for stopping by my blog! I'm glad you got a look at the video, it really is sad, and that's the reality of the situation in Gaza right now. Will definitely be checking out your blog :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home