October 26, 2006

I don't have a title today

Just wanted to give a little update since I haven't blogged in what feels like ages. Many things came up over the last week that pushed me away from my dear blog, mainly the last few days of Ramadan as well as Eid which was Monday-Wednesday. I took Monday and Tuesday off so this week feels like it really flew by (which is not always a good thing).

I wanted to post about Eid around the Muslim world and in my neck of the woods, but I really could not get myself to do that. This Eid was indeed bittersweet because of what seems to be the never ending bloodshed in Iraq and Palestine. I couldn't post anything really jolly about Eid, nor did I want to post bloody pictures from the car bombs in Iraq or Gaza on Eid day.

Needless to say, Iraq is tearing at my heart in what is an increasingly obvious and undeniable civil war that is ravaging many parts of the country. I pray night and day for the Iraqi people who have suffered more than enough under Saddam's tyrannical regime, and now under the horrors of the post-Bush-invasion. Injustice is something I cannot bear to watch.

So as Ramadan and Eid have ended, I should expect to be back to my regular schedule, but that is not the case this time around. I am facing an uphill personal battle with various forces that I cannot begin to describe. Over the next week, I will be facing two very difficult exams--academic and personal. As I pray for patience and strength, my hardships seem utterly incomparable to what others in our world have to face on a daily basis, from war to famine to oppression and occupation. I am indeed blessed.

May God have mercy on us all.

I hope to be back to blogging more regularly in the next week or so. Thank you for continuing to check up on me.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 6:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the bitter reality!
======

Good luck with the exam...and hope all goes well :)

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Fatima said...

Eid Mubarak aand Allah ma'aki.

 
At 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/6106500.stm

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger moi said...

Iman & Fatima -- Thank you so much :)

Andy-- I don't see what this story has to do with my post. I've read about it all over the Arab blogosphere and it is indeed shocking news. I might blog about it soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home