April 20, 2006

Da Vinci Mania!

I just bought the paperback version of the Da Vinci Code a few days ago to reread it before the movie comes out. Turns out I've forgotten a lot of what happened in the book, which makes for a great 2nd read. The first time I "read it" was actually by listening to the CD's in my car. So this is my first time reading it from the book itself.

I got the CD's from the library because I simply did not have time to read it (3rd yr college student= one too many research papers). I figured that my half-hour drive to and from university would be better spent listening to the Da Vinci Code than superficial news reports. It was great listening to it because the person reading it knew how to change his voice according to the character, and he was apparently fluent in French so he could pronounce everything clearly and correctly (something I definitely couldn't have done if I simply read it). So I'm glad that now when I read the book I know I'm pronouncing the names right (in my head, not out loud). The funny thing is the names are pretty hard for the average American to pronounce, so it was funny listening to some of my friends pronounce the names like Fache and Sauniere in many different (incorrect) ways.


Anyways, so I love this book because it moves so fast and I don't even notice that I'm reading so many pages in an hour. I'm not a particularly fast or slow reader, but this book makes me feel like I read super fast :)

My Google homepage today had an extra box advertising The Da Vinci Code Quest which is a series of puzzles that you have to figure out and can possible win a variety of prizes, including trips to London & Paris by plane and train, MP3 players, digi cams, laptops, LCD tv's, and even a cryptex replica (for 10,000 finalists)!!! So go try it for yourself, it should be fun, and good preparation for the movie that's coming out May 19th. I love the website for the movie too: www.SoDarkTheConOfMan.com!

As for the actors in the movie, I really didn't picture Langdon to be a Tom Hanks...I don't know why, but that's the beauty of books, you can make the characters look however you want them to look. Maybe when I watch the movie Tom Hanks will convince me that he's worthy of being Langdon, what do you Da Vinci code lovers/haters think?

[technorati tags: , , , , ]

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wohoooooooooo.. a da vinci maniac like me.. !! i read it.. and read Angels and Deamons.. all in one week.. not even.. Now I am reading digital fortress!! It is awsome too if you love computers.. I bought all 4 of his books.. I still got one more to go "Deception Point".. I can't wait for May 19th for the Da Vinci movie!!

 
At 10:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wrote the comment above for the Da Vinci code.. I just clicked anonymous by mistake.. he3he3.. :P

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger moi said...

Rebelliousarabgirl, thanks for stopping by.
I haven't read anything by Dan Brown except this one, but I do plan on reading Angels and Deamons soon. Sounds like you're just as excited as I am about the movie :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home